Monday, October 04, 2004

Free Cable! Who told you that, what is his name? I want it

The weekend has come and gone, as has the last month. It's now other a month since the dead duck day, and my feelings are mixed. I look back and think, wow, its gone really quickly and then I look at individual days and nights and it seems to of taken for ages. I have wished a lot of the last month away, just because I wanted to get to a point when things would start to feel better, I wasn't hurting inside anymore and I had little chance of bumping into her.

The Saturday morning was tough, I won't lie and tell you it was easy, and standing in the doorway of that empty, knowing what I was leaving behind, really sticks in my mind. It felt like a movie, I was doing the obligatory turn around, look back and then walk away scene. The folks were great and the large bottle of JD they bought me for the new gaff will come in handy! Big Thanks to the Evans family, I would of been useless without you all.

I got down to the new gaff, and the boxes filled my new room. I was a little worried about space, but as soon as I had turned the bed round to where I wanted it, the room seemed to double in size!! My Dad stayed a while and helped me with the room, and I was grateful of that as he can come out with really sound pearls of wisdom. James and Nora soon arrived and started to move there stuff in, I really started to relax for the first time in a month. Me and Nora chatted away eating marmite on toast, before I had to get ready to drive to Port Talbot.

The drive was pretty simple and the car seemed fine. A few cans at Paul's and then the pub, then onto Swansea. It was about 3 and a half years ago the last time I went out in Jack land, and I did have a laugh! I do have photo's but due to not having the internet at home until Thursday I can't upload them. We went to the local before getting a taxi to Swansea, and then went on a mini pub crawl. I was introduced to the world of Abosolute Chambulls! Vodka, Red bull and champagne! Smells like feet, and doesn't taste much better!!! The first place was called I Love Vodka! Certainly, a statement that I don't agree with. Well, from there onto the Lounge bar. Quite a weird place as there is a no smoking rule, so the air is breathable! After, that we went to Chicago Rock and then onto the Walkabout.

This place was big! And it was rammed, but it was a really good laugh. Everyone seemed up for a big of a boogie, and no hassle. I really did enjoy myself in there and felt as I didn't have to worry about anything. It was in here, that a couple of women grabbed my mate and asked if I was Spencer Moon from Eastenders. Everyone thought, this was hilarious except me! All I had all night was ' Alright Spence'! Funny the first time, not the 300th!! It even sparked another conversation with a set of girls in the queue for Jumping Jacks! Now, this Jacks was about twice the size of Cardiff and twice as busy! I was pretty knackered at this point, and food beckoned.

Me and Paul had a good chat on the way home, and sitting in his house. Haven't really seen the lad properly for a while and it was really good to get back to how we used to be! A very good mate, and one that I could trust my life with.

Sunday was ok. I wasn't that hung over so the when I finally managed to get out of bed, I didn't feel the need to eat a box worth of Alka Setzler! I got back in the car and made my way home, it seemed to take forever, and when I had to wait in a massive traffic jam at culverhouse cross, I thought I was going to have to do a Michael Douglas from Falling Down!! Now, that would of been funny.

I popped into Asda to try and get a computer desk but failed, so bought some bed sheets etc and got back to the flat. As soon as I turned into the street, I immediately felt a sense of security come over me, and for the first time in a while, there was going to be other people in the house when I returned! James sorted me out with a cup of tea and I cracked on with some bits and pieces, before just slobbing round chatting to Nora!! Over to the Albany pub then to watch the footy, Chelsea vs Liverpool, pretty crap match to be honest but got me out for the house.

In the flat again, and Nora had to go to fly to Bodrum (lucky her!!) and me and James had free reign over the new house. Takeaway and a DVD, before more football! Quality!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home