Friday, September 24, 2004

Damn it Janet!

The night out was fun. After getting to Perry's house and drinking stupid amounts of Turbo Shandy, and being bloated like a goodyear blimp, we ended up in the Springbok. It was pretty keep and after the earlier drinks festivities were already pretty merry. The lads were trying to coax me into pulling some birds but I felt like a wall was still blocking my way and I just didn't have any confidence to even bother trying. Really strange feeling, several emotions at once, and just made me feel far too awkward. The drinks flowed and then we went to the Hard rock cafe and then onto the Philly!!

It was rammed and we had to queue up to get in, but it was quite amusing. Several people tried to sneak in through an open side door and soon got busted back to the street. Three girls who funnily enough work at HBOS in the evenings in Inbound, were queuing just in front. They were all from London and were squeaky as hell!! In fact, we just called one of them Squeaky! Well, a bit of banter went to and fro, until someone mentioned that I'd just been dumped. This didn't sit well with me at all, and to be perfectly honest pissed me off. If I want to tell people then fair enough, but I don't need anyone else spreading my life around like marmite on toast. The girl unfortunately got it in the neck for this. I didn't do anything stupid but just told her to mind her own business and for everyone else to keep their noses out. She was alright about it and actually apologists to me afterwards, she was harmless but had the most annoying voice ever!!!

The Philly was a bit crap, too many people and too many blokes. It was still a good laugh as we wandered around and chatted to randoms!! Perry and Don went home early and me and Matt stayed till closing time. By the time, we had staggered out and finished talking to three girls from Talybont (oh the memories!), who thought Matt was a gay hairdresser, it was nearly 2.30. The taxi ride home was well funny. The lighthouse family came on the radio singing High. I mentioned it was a bit of a tune so the driver cranked it up and all three of us sang it all the way home! The funny thing was I didn't even think about this until 1 o'clock this afternoon. I was like, did that really happen? A singing taxi driver?! Class!

Well, work was ok today even though I was pretty ill. The breakfast helped and I just got on with it. When I finished at 2.45, I dropped Matt home and then went to James house. Nora, James and I all went ot he new gaff to pay the bond, and had a sly pint in the Albany (that's going to be a great local). When I was there my current Landlord Peter rang me and said that he had people who were willing to move in before the 15th (when I was paid up to). He then offered to pay me money back as I was moving out on the 2nd. I couldn't believe it, what a quality bloke. I was well chuffed with this, but for some reason it also got me really upset, as it made every seem for final. I'd done so well this week, but I couldn't help a few tears escaping. I texted Andrea and told her so we can finally sort the final, final things out. So, Friday night and I'm not going out for the first time in 4 weeks!! Recovery is needed and tea at James is called for. God I'm so grateful to this pair! Out tomorrow though, so expect some more photos! Love and kisses to all!

'Someday we're gonna get so Highhhhhhhhhhh'

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home