Sunday, September 26, 2004

The Black Eyed Peas

Yesterday was a strange day. The first weekend that I have spent on my own since the dead duck day. I didn't get out of bed until 1.45 and then I really didn't know what to with myself. Do I go to town on my own? Do I ring some people up and see what there up to? It really was a strange feeling. I just lazed around for a while and listened to the football on the radio and proceeded to write some more of my film script. It's coming along nicely!

I then got ready and went down Matty J's house to start the night off. We got a taxi to Perry's house and had a few beers before walking into town and going to Callaghans to see Chris (Ton's of fun) play in his band the ErrorPlains. Quite a strange combination of guitar and electrics, bit like the chemical brothers, loads of drum and bass etc! I enjoyed it and it was something that I hadn't done for a long time. We went from there to the Philly and the fun and games commenced. I had decided not to get that drunk and I stuck to my word and only had a few more drinks in the Philly, but I still had a good time. It was later that the night was ruined by the typical yob culture of Cardiff, and one reason which always makes me think twice about going into town. I went outside at closing time and 4-5 women started having a mass brawl. They were on the floor and pushing people and I was just standing there kind a got caught up in it. The next thin I know some bloke has just punched/or headbutted in the face and I didn't even see who it was. I turned around and he was gone, and nobody had seen who it was. Matty J didn't see anything, so I was just stuck with a massive black eye. Woke up this morning and it doesn't look good. I've never had a black eye in the whole of my life and I feel that this one was just completely unnecessary. So, I might as well make a request now if anybody else wants to shit on me from a great height then come and do it now. I think I've experienced so much in the last 3 weeks that nothing else could really make it worse. I've had the dead duck day, my gramps in hospital, the fridge packed in and the DVD player. I didn't get that job in work, I get punched in the head for no reason. My little sister had trouble in school and rang me up crying bless her. But, I'm still standing I don't want to think about giving up and rolling onto my knees never to get up again. I'm gonna turn this son-a-bitch sideways and stick up the world's candy ass!! (Thanks Dwayne Johnson).

I left Matt's very early this morning and drove home. I was supposed to play football but to be honest my hearts just not in it. The lads are cool but I just don't really think I fit in there and would prefer to start running again. With roath park, so close to my new place then hopefully I will get some motivation, maybe even join a running club. Also, training is now going to be 9 till 10 on a Thursdays evening - too late me thinks!!! So I went back to sleep, and chilled. The phone went constantly between 12 and 1. My brother rang me and had a chat about last night. He's a real good lad, and I'm glad that he years me and him had as youngsters in school, constantly on at each other left us behind. I'm really proud of Matt cos he has shown everyone that he is capable of achieving what he wants. I look forward to going down to Reading in a few weeks!

My uncle text me then, and my sister! Then I spoke to an old skool HBOS'er Martyn Price (Rolph). I hadn't spoken to him for ages and he hadn't heard about the Andrea story so it was tough re-telling the story but needed to be down and afterwards I felt better. We spoke for a long time and I look forward to seeing him in the next few weeks too. Old friendships it seems stand the test of time. Then, me mum rang. This really was hard. Over the last week, everyone has said how proud they are of me etc etc but even I felt that I had been doing well. Speaking to my mum sent me into relapse and I just had to have a cry. The black eye, the weight still on my shoulders and the little hangover have not helped. Note to self - stay off the pop for at least a week.

On a lighter note, anybody who wants to abuse me for supporting Wolves and being beaten by Cardiff city this weekend, feel free!

1 Comments:

Blogger gav the hardcore legend said...

I got a lot say at the moment and it seems to help so shut up just shut up shut up!!!

6:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home