Friday, October 01, 2004

Stanley Ipkiss quote: Nice guys finish last

Jim Carrey got it right in this film, nice guys finish last. But, then they manage to pull Cameron Diaz!! Oh well, perhaps there's light at the end of the tunnel. So, Thursday. I woke up feeling ok, but that soon ended when Andrea texted me and I had to ring her. She was going to get her stuff that night. I was fine for the rest of the day and actually got involved with this project in work, which is going really well, and I seem to be getting a lot praise for once.

I finished early and took my Nan shopping at Asda, as Gramps can't drive again yet. That was ok, and helped me try to relax. I picked up a new duvet and pillows and Nan insisted on giving me some cash. I said no about 50 times but she wouldn't give in!!!

Got home and started sorting the flat. Andrea rang me early and came over about 5.30. I had sorted all her stuff out for her, but see couldn't take any off it then, as she was going to do it Friday morning. I wasn't very happy, but didn't have a choice and we did manage to have a chat and say goodbye to each other. I was strong and I was quite proud of myself afterwards for dealing with the situation in an emotionless way. I was even okay afterwards. I packed more stuff and finished formatting the script. 96 sides!! Holy crap, I've never written anything of this size before!!

Friday morning was ok, but I was a little tense as I knew Andrea was coming to the flat. I had written a note which wished her luck and dealt with some logistics. Work was ok, if a little slow. Andrea text me at about 4 and said she hadn't dropped of my PS2 stuff. I rang her to find out what was going on, and then decided I'd go pick them up for myself from her mum's. I left work, went to Asda for some boxes and then to Andrea's mums place. This wasn't good. I was as strong as I could be but speaking to your ex's mum is not good. She was lovely but there's nothing that she could say that would make me feel better, and I felt awkward.

I got home and there was no response to the note, just the keys pushed through the letter box. This really hurt, as I thought that I at least deserved a thanks. No, all I got was a kick the face. This got me really upset, and also made me quite angry. I packed and packed more stuff, ready for the big move tomorrow. The last week has been very hard. A limbo week between my new life and my old life. I've had a good few chats with people this week, and it's helped a lot. Tomorrow, will be the test. Go, get out there and enjoy myself. I'm off to Swansea tomorrow evening, so I should be able to relax up there, away from all my troubles. Looking forward to wearing my new gear, and having a laugh.

I will be without the internet for the next week, until NTL arrive and install it in the new place. I will try to check on the blogger's, and update in work. Thanks everybody, this nice guy is moving on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home