Thursday, October 14, 2004

Don't try and piss in my pocket and tell me it's raining

Life it seems has a very funny knack of letting you get back on track before kicking you square in the nuts. That pretty much sums up this weeks actions! Anyway, here's the week in bits.

So, Tuesday. Actually got up feeling ok, still got a bit of cold, but am managing to get my head together and am actually starting to quite enjoy myself. Work was ok, got with what I had to do and had an hour off right at the end of the day, which is always a bonus! A brucie bonus! (Get your own cathphrases Kelly!!) Finished work and went straight to Asda. Met James and Nora and did the weekly food shop. Mental note to self - don't go shopping with both of them, its one or the other!! Nah, honestly, it was cool and the first time that it didn't feel weird doing shopping without her. Anyway, got back and stuck a pizza in the oven before being picked up by Matty J and going to the Springbok.

Twas' a good night, felt relaxed in the pub, had a beer, but was still a bit twitchy as the previous time I'd been I bumped into her sister. Anyway, the cinema club was back on form. Perrry and his new missus, Matt J, dolph, Gemma, Don and I all went to see the same film!!! Layer cake. Wasn't great, wasn't awful. I would say a review will be on the film log, but I have been really crap recently and haven't done the last two yet!! If you like British humour and a shady drug dealing type plot then go see it, there are a couple of great one liners (see title of blog).

Got home and chilled with J and N before going bed. Slept well again!!

Wednesday. I didn't want to go to work, just cos I was well tired. Probably, because I'd got up an hour early thinking I had to take James to work, when I didn't! My face was probably a picture when he told me!! Work was ok, but as an added bonus, I booked a half day and left at 12.30
Straight to Tesco's to grab a few things, but I bumped into one of my old work mates, Will. Hadn't seem him for ages and he was well surprised when I told him the news about her. But, we exchanged numbers and will go out soon. It's funny how many previous social connections are re-opening now I'm back on me todd!! Finally, went and bought my desk after Tesco's and got back to the flat about 2. The whole reason of the half day was kip, but it didn't happen. The desk took me ages to get together and then I was on a one man mission to finish my bedroom ,so up went the pictures, posters, DVD, ps2 etc! Looking good! Pictures on there way in next couple of days!

By this time, James had come home and we went over the Albany to watch the England game. What a waste of time!! At least the beer was cold! Had a good laugh though which at the moment is all that counts. Back home and Becky Kennedy arrived for tea. What a good laugh we had. Bex had never met Nora and they got on fine. All had tea, watched some TV and chatted shit! Great evening. For the first time, I felt like this was my house. The bedroom was finished and I'd finally got rid of the feeling that I had just popped round James and Nora's house!!! Bed earlyish!

Now, Thursday. I have had an awesome week so far, I feel great within myself. I haven't cried for over a week and rarely think about her, hope your all proud!!! So I went to work with a smile on my face, until bang it all went pear shaped. The SLT job. I must of got it, well no, somehow I didn't and have to rot in fraud. Was pissed right off for all of 2 hours until I just cracked on with work and thought I don't want to work here anyway, so what does it matter?

So, now I'm home and I'm feeling top notch again. Am so looking forward to the weekend, Friday night out with work, Saturday my bro, and Sunday my dad's fiftieth party! Bring on the booze! I DEmand booze!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home