Sunday, January 02, 2005

The End in The End

2004 has come to an End and the first blog of this New Year will take a slightly serious tone I'm afraid. I'll get the events out of the way first!

Thursday - Got up at 8 so I could drop Josh to work! As soon as I got back I started and finished a job application and then played on the guitar and the PS2! Everyone was in work today except me so it was pretty boring!Picked Josh up at 6 and we came back to the house. Didn't do much really except try to finish off the PS2 game we'd rented out.

Friday - Same as above but when Josh finished at 4.30, I picked him up and we went to get some beers. Came back to the flat and started drinking. The New Years plans had been a wash out because nobody was around or couldn't be arsed to go out. It seems that New Years is old hat! Josh didn't have anything else to do either so he stayed here. I lent Josh some clothes and tried to make him look a little older, and then we left to go to the Woodville. James drove and we left the car there, but The Woody were a bit funny with Josh so we left straight away. Then we wandered to Gazzy Jacks. Students only! Then we looked over at the End. I hadn't been here for ages and I really didn't think Josh would get in, but he did and the beverages soon gathered pace. We actually managed to get a table and continued to drinking. I went to the bar to get some drinks and when I came back it looked like someone was trying to nick my seat! Well, it only turned out to be Owzy-O! Unbelievable! Well, he came and joined us and the drinks still flowed until the inevitable countdown and Auld Lang Syne's was echoed around the country. There's loads of photos on The Son of....... Check them out! It was then a quick wander home where food was cooked and more beers were drunk while watching Peter Kay! A real good night that came from no where!

So Saturday Jan 1st! Busy today! I still can't believe that I did this all in one day! We Woke up about 11 and got dressed and was ready to go over the pub to watch Liverpool vs Chelsea, except the pub wasn't bloody open yet! Never mind, off down Albany road. Rented out the Prince of Persia game again as we never finished it and also bought Welcome to the Jungle! The Rock kicks ass in this film! Then after Liverpool had lost we returned to the flat. We watched Waynes World 1 and 2 and Welcome to the Jungle. Played on the PS2 and finished off the game! Played Countdown and Simpsons Cluedo. Cooked a Pasta Bake, played on the guitar and then rounded it off by finally watching Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind.

Now, I watched this film after me and Andrea had gone through a rough patch in March time. This movie really opened my eyes to a few things and I wish I knew then what I knew now. This film is without a doubt the best film I've seen in 2004 (although Lost in Translation is very close). It's so real and raw that I bought this DVD 4 months ago when I split with her, and only yesterday did I feel as if I wanted to watch it. It was really hard work to watch, and at times it mirrored so many of my feelings that knew exactly how Jim Carrey felt. Please go watch this film. If you've got an emotional bone in your body and you've ever been through a break up, I guarantee you, you will love this film and if not I'll give you your money back!!!

As most of you know 2004 hasn't been the best year for me. My Gramps had to have a heart bypass, the car nearly blew up, Andrea left, the DVD and fridge packed up in the same week, I had to move house, cope with being flicked around work and being turned down for every job I applied, and finally just to top it off I had the mumps for Xmas. The only thing that the Mumps did was keep my mind off the fact that Christmas eve would of been my 3 year anniversary. The pain was worth bothering about a lot than that. Most people have said that they can't believe how well I've done in the last 4 months, but I still feel that something is lacking in my life at the moment. I couldn't tell you what it is, and its not necessarily a women either. I need to make myself believe in me again, cos at the moment I can't. I have no reason to hate myself, yet part of me does and that's why 2005 will be the year when I finally achieve something that I want to achieve. It's been very hard, and I have to admit that I did put a brave face on for Xmas, and deep down inside I was hurting. Watching Eternal Sunshine has showed me that, even though I've been through this, it obviously wasn't the right path to take. But, I need those memories or at least some of them to be able to move on, and just deleting the last 3 years wouldn't accomplish anything. So, its 2005 and I can finally say good bye to the worst year of my life and try to make a new start where I can take over the world!! Thanks to everyone for their love and support, I wouldn't of made it through it without you.

How happy is the blameless vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each prayer accepted, and each wish resigned - Alexander Pope

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home