Thursday, December 30, 2004

I'm first at the scene to deliver aid, before the big boys get here!

The big boys are of course the paramedics! Peter Kay continues to astound me at how funny one guy can be. Josh had the Peter Kay Thing DVD for christmas and it is fantastic, and a brilliant lead up to Phoenix Nights. The little stories in the back ground and inter linking characters are so clever, look forward to the Max and Paddy DVD!

Anyway, this week as gone fairly quickly even if I've done very little. Boxing day was ok I suppose. A quick visit into town and I was shattered. First kind of going out into civilized world activity I'd done for a wild and it was bloody freezing. Bought Trainspotting, The Goonies and Straw Dogs on DVD and came home! Managed to nip over the pub, so me and James could watch the football. This was a good laugh and the whole pub seemed in a jovial mood, as they were singing along to the jukebox! Came home for food and television!

Monday and I braved town again! This time I met up with Aimee, who I hadn't seen for ages and had a real good laugh. Although this then tired me out even more than the day before, and at one point, I honestly thought I could put my hand through my arm it felt so weak! Anyway, bought a Bo Selecta calendar, a T Shirt from two stoned, the Waynes World DVD boxset and 3 books! Yes, books! I can read! I bought Beckhams autobiography, one of the follow up books to the Da Vinci Code and then a real surprise. Incompetence by Rob Grant! Yes, Rob Grant the legend behind the Red Dwarf series. Well, I was intrigued and the concept of the book sounded great. No one is allowed to be sacked for incompetence, stupidness or anything. This book is very funny and I ripped through it in 2 days! 160 pages in the first sitting, same again in the second! Couldn't put it down!

Tuesday - Was supposed to go pick up Josh but didn't have to in the end. Was going to go cinema but it was cancelled, so read me book. Watched Home Alone 2 and then Match of the Day!

Wednesday - Went and picked Josh up from Rhoose and then popped into Nans to say hello! Back to my gaff, and some guitar jamming before going to see Lemony Snicket's a serious of unfortunate events! Very black, dark film! I would say that it must only just get away with being a PG, as some of it is really really really dark! Jim Carrey is great although he doesn't have as much screen time as I thought he might. The story is really clever, and like I said its dark!!
After this we returned home in a happy mood to play on Prince of Persia on the PS2, as we'd rented it from the video shop! Pretty good, loads of blood, batter some undead - all in a days work!

1 Comments:

Blogger gav the hardcore legend said...

i was asleep!damn it! i would of invited you in for an early morning cup of cha! never mind only 2 weeks anyway and ur back for moulin rouge! i just hope u shave ur legs

2:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home