Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Highs, Lows, Demons, Angels, Bumps and Lumps

It has been over a week since I updated my blog, and I don't feel guilty at all. I do have to say the novelty has worn off, although, I have had some busy days and nights, but the main excuse is being god damn lazy!

Last week in work is a bit of a blur. I was very busy and had lots of different things to do, which was good cos it didn't seem a chore. Monday was a nothing in the night day, I watched 50 First dates for the second day running. Really good film, surprised me on so many levels! Tuesday, I was busy in the night as I went straight from work to The Cayo with Miss Tuckfield, and then met Bex and Jo Barnes for some food. Had a good laugh and exchanged xmas presents. After this I went and met Matt James at the Springbok. The place was over run by Ronan Keating fans so we escaped to the comfort of the cinema. Blade: Trinity! Actually quite good, even though it was very similar to the other two. HHH made his film debut and was rather good.
Wednesday was my late night again, so didn't get up to much.

Thursday - Work, then on to 5 a side where only 5 people turned up so we played between us and we were absolutely knackered!! Still good fun though. In the evening, I had to restrain myself to not go out on a school week. First time for weeks. Can't really remember what I did in the night, but I think I just watched a film?! Who knows? And who really cares!!!

Friday - Boring again, stayed in to save cash and had to go to work the next day. The evening was spent with Max and Paddy - Ding Dang doo!

Saturday - The Boys Xmas party! - Work and I finished at one and raced back to Perry's house to start the celebrations. Dumped my stuff off and the car and went to town. Few pints in Lloyds before venturing into the Pool hall. Don, Perry, Matt and myself then got through 24 bottles of carslberg whilst playing pool for a couple of hours. Then onto the POW, where we had food and refreshments! Then back to Perry's house for the real fun to begin. We'd all agreed to where suits, and a portion of the kitty had been spent on musical xmas ties. The photos will be on the son of later! When we had finished getting ready, we got a taxi into town which dropped us off at the Slug and Lettuce. Don had a 25% off card! Superb!! We all looked the part in our suits and we battered each other when trying to get the other tie to play! Off to the Steam bar for a cheeky JD and coke, and then into Bar Cuba for several more!! We bumped into a couple of HBOSer's and a few of the football lads. Yeoman's was present, and we'd agreed to meet him at some point anyway.

From here we were all pretty wrecked so we went to the Philly. The weather was crap but we didn't care, and we just carried on drinking the JD's! The Philly was a mess. I can't really remember everything. We met Huw Jones and I had a laugh with him. Sometimes he can really crack me up! Had a few Xmas kisses, and generally had a good time. When we went to leave, we realized it had been belting it down with snow and the St Mary's street was looking very festive. A Great end to a great day and night.

Sunday - Felt ill, very sick. Went and picked my car up and couldn't keep anything down. Went to Bex's house to give her a xmas present, and then came back and slept. Woke up with a swollen, throbbing ..... Jaw! So took a trip to the hospital. Several blood tests late and it looked like I had numbs. Oh what a great year!

Monday/Tuesday - No work as I look like the Elephant man, and had to go to the GP and ring hospital etc. Definitely have got mumps and am feeling rough as hell. My head feels like it could pop, and the swelling looks gross. Have never felt like this before. Its crippling pain, and really uncomfortable. Looks like it's here to stay for Xmas too. Watched a few films though!!! I have watched Road trip, How to lose a guy in 10 days, Rosemary's Baby, Armageddon, Harry and the Hendersons, The Muppets take Manhattan! No daytime TV, just movies! Thank the lord for the kids being off this week, as I have watched some of my old fave's!!! Bigfoot was great!!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home