Monday, December 06, 2004

Ham or Cheese?

On Sunday, Dad, Josh and myself were in hysterics again over the legendary Ham sandwich incident. If someone said this me to right now, I'd crack up laughing. A lot of people I have told don't find it that funny, but I think you have to of worked in a situation where you could pull this gag off. I have. 3 months working with my Dad when I finished my GCSE's. Possibly, a contender of best 3 months spent working. Certainly, made me appreciate how much my Dad works his ass of for his family. Anyway, the story goes as follows.

My dad was working with a labourer called Mark at the time, and they were installing a cooker into some women's house in the Midlands. Dad walked up to Mark and said to him that the women wanted to know if he wanted a ham or cheese sandwich. The women hadn't said anything. So, Dad says 'Well, you better go and tell the women'. Mark trotts off to find the lady whilst Dad is now trying not to wet himself. Mark storms into the room downstairs and says 'I'll have a ham sandwich please'. The women probably a little shocked comes out with the classic line ' I don't know if I've got any ham'. Well, when my dad told me this story for the first time, he was laughing so hard that he couldn't finish the tale. He literally took him half hour to get his bodily functions under control.

The only downfall to the story was that the lady involved actually did make them some sandwiches, but they were disgusting but they had to pretend like they were enjoying them!! The amount of times that when I worked with my Dad we would mention this story and have to stop driving until we calmed down was criminal. Sunday was no exception. No one even said a word but we all knew that the others were about mention the Ham sandwich line, and I just creased. My dad saw me and he was gone. Both of us had tears rolling down our faces!

This story has become a family tradition and will forever make me laugh. Long live the legend of the ham sandwich.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home