Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Those damn dirty apes!

The joyous occasion of a Monday morning. Wake up, all of sudden you realize the weekend is over and you have to go to work. This morning, I woke up and just went ok, and got up, got ready and off I went. This was the first morning in a long time where I'd had a good weekend, good sleep and nothing had ruined it. Nothing at all. So, it's now been over 2 months. 10 weeks on Wednesday to be exact and how am I doing?

The answer is fairly complicated, I would be lying if I said I didn't miss the company and the cooches, but apart from that I don't miss anything else. Everyone seems to think that I'll find someone else, a lot better than her, and I think I will to, but the length of time it will take varies. Mum's like xmas is only 7 weeks away, you could have someone else by then. Possibly, a bit ambitious, as I'm not even looking. It was funny the other day though, when this girl from River Island started chatting me up. Mum thought it was great and it did make me feel good about myself. Not sure why I've felt compelled to write this on a Tuesday morning, waiting for the NTL man to arrive, just felt right. That's how I'm generally following things through at the moment, if it feels right then do it.

Anyway, still no news on the team leader position. The decisions have been made but HR have to sign it off, so I'm off work today so probably wont find out till Wednesday now. Felt confident over the weekend, that has slowly wained. Work was easy and quick. I was on collections, so I had radio 1 on all day, and made a list of good tunes that were out to download when I got home. Fave tunes at the minutes include The Libertines - what ever happened to the Likely lads, Gwen Stefani - What you waiting for? and Lemar - Is there any justice in the world? All a bit different, but equally cool tunes.

I went Asda after work to have a trot around and see what was about. Bought a few things and came home. After watching Paula win the New York marathon, I really wanted to start doing some serious running. I had been on the last two Sundays and my legs had held out, today was going to be a test. Not many people know that I used to be a really good runner. I don't mean that in a big headed way, as I certainly wasn't the next Seb Coe. In Uttoxeter, I was the best runner at the club, and was constantly winning races. I've still got all the press coverage and trophies, and it does make me feel sad that I let it slip. Towards the end, I pulled the interior calf muscle on each leg. 12 weeks of Physio which hurt more than anything I've ever experienced. I came back and started training, built myself back up and then I did it again. 10 more weeks and I'd had enough. After this point, I slowly hit the slopes of drink, going out and not running! University killed it. I have managed to run the Barry Waterfront race twice since I've been in Cardiff. Both just average performances, with not enough training. I also ran the Cardiff half marathon fun run, a few years back and actually finished second. The end was great cos you got to run around the millennium stadium pitch. Anyway, after going off on this tangent, I went round Roath park, and after a bit a really banging tune came on the radio so I thought I'll test my legs. I picked up the pace a little and slowly got quicker and quicker. I felt good, and I was soon sprinting. This continued for about 400 meters, then I slowed and carried on going. I felt really good, and although I had a slight twinge in my left calf, it held up nicely. Bit of ice when I got back, and the leg felt fine. I think I'm going to try and Join a local club, and start up again. Motivation is there at present, just need to keep it there.

After the run, I nipped down blockbusters and rented 21 Grams. This film is genius, beyond genius. If you haven't seen Amores Perros, then go see it as its by the same director, Alejandro González Iñárritu. This guy has only directed a handful of films, but he already has his own style through complex story telling. I beg you please go see this film. James wouldn't watch it because he said it was too depressing. Far from it, the jumbled presentation of the film makes you concentrate, makes you think about the characters emotions. I will definitely buy this film now. Naomi Watts is beautiful, Penn just performs out of his skin, and Del Torro always shines. Nora really enjoyed the film too, and we both chatted about it afterwards, and got onto Spanish cinema. I'm in love with it at the moment, and its cool cos Nora has seen most of the same Spanish films that I have.

Right, the NTL man has just left, I've used the phone already to phone the incompetent council regarding my council tax refund and they are still dicking around!! Never mind. Off to town now to spend some serious cash. Still keeping those fingers and toes crossed for that job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home