Sunday, November 07, 2004

The storm is over now

Interesting week to be honest. Certain amount of stability which seems to of made a genuine difference. Not that much to report from the start if the week but a few interesting tit bits towards the end!!!

Monday - Work wasn't too bad. Was doing collections again which killed some time. In the evening, I bought shrek 2 and watched that with J, N and Aimee. Very funny film, even on repeat viewings!

Tuesday - Collections again but this time I had headphones and just listened to tunes on radio 1 all day. This was a good idea which turned bad after listening to too many songs that brought up memories. Tuesdays seem to be a bane of my existence at the moment, but I got through this one and even found out that I had a team leader interview. Well, it certainly surprised me.

Wednesday - Back to normal work, and preparation for the interview. In the evening, I did some more work for the interview but then went to the Cinema to watch Shark Tales with Aimee. The film was funny as hell, and not at all what I had expected after the critical mauling the film had taken. Very adult film, similar to the simpsons with the number of film references. Got home and chilled.

Thursday - The day of the interview. It wasn't till 3.00pm which made it quite difficult to concentrate in the morning, but luckily I had to prepare for a film quote quiz which I was doing in a town hall. It went down quite well, and everyone said they liked it. I just thought it was a good laugh to get up in front of everyone. The interview soon came and I think it went well. So, touch wood, fingers crossed etc etc, cos I wouldn't mind getting this job!!! Came home and watched the butterfly effect with Ashton Kucher. Very good film, if a little dark. The ending is really quite sick so be prepared for a horrible feeling inside for the last 30 minutes.

Friday - Early finish. Work was good again today, as I had training and was back downstairs on collections. Made the time go fairly quickly, but we didn't hear about the job. Some problem apparently, so it will now be Monday. Got home and had a marathon session on pro Evolution soccer, before deciding that I didn't want to go out in the night. This was the first Friday night since the dead duck day that I haven't gone out. I just felt like I didn't need to! Good hey!

Saturday - Got up and went to town with my Mum and Dad. Dad gave me a pair of kickers. Lush brown shoes which I had to wear out in the night!! Mum also got me a wicked shirt. Hopefully, wear it out next Friday!!! I've got to do a week long stint of brother and house sitting when they go to Canada. Got home and watched the rugby. Great match same the ref was a wanker. But, me and James had a good time. Got ready then and went to TGI Friday's for a meal for Sara's leaving do. Matt Ford was there, and Becky which was cool. Had a massive burger and felt full afterwards. Too full!!! There's a few photos so I'll stick them on the Son of...... Got back and aimee came down so we could go to town but we just went to Albany and had a few drinks.

Sunday - Nothing all day!!! I watched the New York Marathon and just chilled out. Feeling very good this weekend, and even though I haven't done much I have still had a real good laugh. So, tomorrow the day of reckoning, but if I don't get it, at least the new Red Dwarf DVD is out!! Oh, its cold outside....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home