Thursday, August 11, 2005

Sanity awaits!

Wow! My god live is so much better now that i have escaped from NBU! Honestly, I don't read going to work anymore and i actually feel that i have a proper job!! I have responsiblities and deadlines, projects and presentations! I get praised instead of continually passed over and i trust the people that i work with. Its really refreshing!!

Have had a good time since i started and have had some important stuff to do as well. I am in the process of presentating several different slide shows around the whole gate, so everyone who is learning who i am and its great!! I'm learning so much at the same time and its all transferable skills so i can get all this training and hopefully develop myself even further.

Last weekend was mental! Went out on the friday night for a leaving do in work which wasn't the best of nights but i still ended up quite pissed and up till gone two with james! Then the next day i decided to step back into the underwriting shoes and decision fraud for a day!

Now, before you say you big mentalist! There is some sanity being my decisioning (Oh PUN tastic, thats even amazed myself). If i worked the Saturday i would be given a free ticket to the Community shield in the Millenium stadium. Chelsea vs Arsenal! So after work it was the first day of the Championship season and Wolves were live on TV against Southampton! The new away kit duly arrived on the Saturday morning so i felt like a little kid getting all excited by putting my new top on and going over the pub.

Wolves drew 0-0 and i got pissed again! Hooray! I then sat down and watched the Machnist. What an amazing film - 5 stars. I loved it, really graphic, tense and thought provoking film.

Then Sunday, Got up and walked to town. Met Paul Gray, Don and Wendy Crotty and went to the Old Orleans and got back on it! Gemma and Emma arrived and then Dan Chapple so we all had a real good laugh before making our way to the stadium. The atmosphere was great and i loved every minute of it. Henry is class but chelsea deserved to win.

After this we went back to Old Orleans and drank and drank before everyone went home except for me, gemma and emma. On we went to Varsity and carried on drinking and doing karaoke! It was great fun and it was the first time that i've been karaoke properly since splitting up with andrea. I was well pleased with myself and i felt great. Probably cos i'd had 11 pints!! So i went home and James and Noralauaghed at me cos i had to go to work the next day but i didnt care!!!

Monday - i was hanging! Bed early!
Tuesday - Went to Penarth with my dad and Josh for food. We had a real good laugh and me and Dad chatted how we both enjoyed working together when i finished my GCSE's. I will always look back on that summer as a brilliant time. I saw some sights thats for sure. I worked as a labourer as my dad fitted cookers and fires. It was such a laugh and i earned a mint. I always remember, this high rise flat that i went to where this man (much of been over 80) was living in such squalor that i almost cried. Just a few matresses in the corner of the room and that was it. The place stank and the flats were crawling with druggies. We tried to fit the old guy a new cooker but he just asked us to leave it there and then he tried to offer me some money. A two shilling coin. We left him and called social services. When i mentioned to Dad he seemed really sad and even said he had nightmares over ity sometimes. Makes me really sad. That guy deserved better but no one cared anymore. I'll never let my parents live out there days like that.

Some of the funniest times ever happened that summer though too. The famous ham sandwich incident is just one and there are so many others. I'll never forget that summer and i hope that Dad wont either.

Wednesday - Went to watch the Skeleton key with aimee. The film was crap the company was good!

Thursday - Off to play footy now and just bought a new printer so i can work on my film script!

Hope your all ok, perhaps see some of you soon

1 Comments:

Blogger Curly said...

What exactly is the new job? Sounds good anyway.

I miss the days of drinking heavily in Cardiff and going into the Gate with my eyeballs pulsating and my brain working overtime just to get me through the door! Glad you're still at it!

2:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home